tefficient is an international efficiency specialist providing telecom operators and -suppliers with analysis, benchmarks, consulting and coaching
Of global smartphone shipments Q3 2013, the four major operating systems stood for 99.4% – entirely dominated by Android. Why on earth should telecom operators then care to support the remaining 0.6%?
Yet some operator groups, often with exposure to maturing markets, are actually doing a whole lot to breed viable alternatives to Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Why?
It’s not just about cost. In the established ecosystems, operators see the risk of being squeezed out. Partnering with providers of alternative smartphone OSs can re-establish operators in the ecosystem and give back control over the end-user experience.
Read all of tefficient's public industry analysis here
Premiere: MVNO benchmark starts in April.
The second year's round of the Network sharing JV benchmark starts in March.
The second year's round of the Sweden-Finland-Norway mobile benchmark is now running.
The Efficiency Index for 2013/2014 is now available at www.efficiency-index.com
See all of tefficient's benchmarks here
If you have any questions, please just contact us.
Allan Greve and Fredrik Jungermann